|LILACS-Express is a cooperative initiative that provides to healthcare information users the acess to updated published scientific and technical information, and it is a response to try to solve the large existing time gap between articles publication and their dissemination through LILACS.|
In practice, the record of the journal articles will be in LILACS as soon as it is published or even before its publication. The editor / publisher will send the metadata of the articles to LILACS and in a week it will be online with full text. At this time the subject indexing will not be provided.
The advantages are:
• Disclose immediately the articles in LILACS;
• Making available the full text in the LILACS Repository;
• Increase the visibility of the journal;
• Facilitate the work of libraries (cooperating centers) responsible for the journal indexing.
The health information user will have access to bibliographic reference, abstract, keywords and full text of the article, and later, the indexing with descriptors provided by the cooperating center.
The project was developed in two phases:
1. SciELO journals that are indexed in LILACS, and;
2. LILACS journals that are not SciELO and which metadata will be inserted by the editors.
The next steps are:
a) translate the system to Spanish and then into English, and
b) include the LILACS journals using SciELO methodology but which are not indexed in SciELO.
LILACS-Express is launched to strengthen LILACS database as the main repository of scientific-technical literature in Health Sciences of the Virtual Health Library (VHL) in Latin America and the Caribbean Region. It is the result of a cooperative work aiming at gathering scientific editors, SciELO network, LILACS network libraries and BIREME, in order to have an efficient and decentralized network, with no space or time restrictions to dissemination and access to information on health.
- FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions or send an email to email@example.com.
- Manual of operation of LILACS-Express 1.0 (for information professionals and in Portuguese).